Huna Totem Corporation was formed under the terms of the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted by Congress December 18, 1971. ANCSA paved the way for the formation of 12 Alaska Native regional corporations and approximately 200 village corporations spread throughout 12 regions in Alaska. Huna Totem Corporation was incorporated November 9, 1973. Under ANCSA, Huna Totem Corporation received a cash distribution, in addition to 23,042.85 acres of land, the final transfer of land occurred in July 2013. Since its incorporation, Huna Totem Corporation has become one of the most successful village corporations in Alaska. Through strong leadership, a mindful board, and supportive shareholders, Huna Totem Corporation has made great strides in both protecting shareholder land in perpetuity and becoming a sustainable corporation for future generations. Huna Totem Corporation is currently owned by over 1,400 shareholders whose aboriginal ties are to the Village of Hoonah in Southeast Alaska.
- Maintain our land in perpetuity
- Take pride in our past and value the wisdom of our elders
- Foster woosh jee een and diversity of thought.
- Perpetuate our culture and land through prudent stewardship
- Grow a healthy, diversified business that is transparent, innovative, and self-sustaining
- Continually think ahead and act on behalf of future generations
- Improve opportunity for all our people
- Show respect, integrity, and be self-accountable
Huna Totem Corporation
9301 Glacier Highway
Juneau, AK 99801